Who doesn’t love a big bowl of hot, creamy, chicken soup in a winter evening? Imagine being huddled around the fireplace on a cold winter evening sharing your day’s stories with your family with a bowl of your favorite creamy chicken soup for everyone. Can you think of any better way to spend your evening? At least I can’t. It is not even that hard! You just need your trusty blender and it will do much of the job for you! Follow these simple steps to make cream of chicken soup in your blender:
Makes enough for 4 to 6 persons
- Onions, 2 (cut in cubes)
- Potatoes, 2 (cut in cubes)
- Carrot, 1 (cut in cubes)
- Butter, 2 tbsp
- Flour, 2 tbsp
- Chicken broth, 3 cups
- Milk, ¾ cup
- Cooked chicken breast, 175 gram
- Cream, ½ cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large pot in the stove and turn the flame on.
- Add butter and allow it to melt.
- Now transfer onion, potatoes and carrot to the pot and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables become soft. The onion should become translucent but none of the vegetables should brown.
- Transfer flour to your ingredients and cook on low flame while stirring the ingredients continuously. Flour will form lumps if you do not stir.
- Now add the chicken broth and milk while stirring continuously.
- Once you’ve added all the broth and milk, let the mixture come to boil. Stir at intervals.
- Now add the cooked chicken to the mixture and let it cook for a further 10 minutes.
- If you have an immersion blender, you can immerse it in the pot directly and puree the mixture until smooth. If you don’t have a blender, check out choose blender to read more soups recipes to make with your blender along with reviews. And allow the contents to cool. Once they have cooled down, transfer them to the jar of your countertop blender and blend until smooth. Blend in batches if the capacity of the jug is not large enough to blend everything in one batch. Transfer the blended soup back to the pot.
- If our soup is cold, heat it and add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Stir it so that the soup heats evenly.
- Turn the flame off. Now add cream and serve immediately.
Once you’ve tried this easy recipe at home packed with healthy vegetables and chicken and fed your children with it, they will come begging for more! You can also try many other soup recipes as well, all made easy with your blender.