Who doesn’t love a delicious, rice bowl of stew? I’m sure everybody does. What’s more? Who wouldn’t want to cook it when it takes such simple and quick steps when cooked in your slow cooker? All you need is your trusty slow cooker and some simple ingredients. Just cut up you ingredients, shove them in your slow cooker, close the lid and forget about it! Yes, it is that simple! If you still don’t own a slow cooker, it’s about time, you think about buying one. Here are the steps you need to follow to make beef stew in your slow cooker:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pounds beef, cut into medium sized cubes
- ¼ cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large potatoes cut into cubes
- 4 carrots cut into large pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
This recipe yields enough to feed 8 persons.
- Season the beef cubes with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry beef in it for about 2 to 3 minutes or until it becomes brown from the outside.
- Now transfer the fried beef to the slow cooker. Add potatoes, garlic, onion, celery and carrots to the slow cooker. For further information on slow cookers, visit: choosepressurecooker.com/the-best-slow-cooker-reviews/.
- Now add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, paprika and the bay leaf.
- Add salt and pepper. Taste the broth and adjust the seasonings as necessary.
- Stir the ingredients until they combine evenly. Use a wooden spoon so as not to damage the walls or base of the slow cooker.
- Cover the lid and turn on the slow cooker.
- If you are cooking on the low setting, leave if to cook for 7 to 8 hours. If using the high setting, it will take 3 to 4 hours to cook.
- After this time, take out ½ cup broth from the slow cooker and mix it well with flour. Transfer it back to the slow cooker and mix it well with a wooden spoon.
- Place the lid over it and let it cook for another 30 minutes or until the broth thickens.
- Your beef stew is now ready to be served. Transfer the stew to individual serving bowls and serve it with mashed potatoes, plain rice, noodles or bread. You can be creative and think of other unique combinations as well.
This is just one out of the numerous recipes you can cook using your slow cooker. Once you have had success with this simple stew recipe, you can try other recipes as well.